The Dos and Don’ts of Home Power Washing
Home power washing is a great way to get it clean and remove any dirt, stains, or debris that has built up over time. But before you start power washing, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Here are the dos and don’ts of power washing your home.
- Start with a lower pressure setting and work your way up. This will help avoid damaging your home’s exterior.
- Hold the power washer at least 12 inches away from the surface you’re cleaning.
- Use a detergent designed for power washing, such as TSP (trisodium phosphate), to pre-treat any areas that are especially dirty.
- Be careful around windows, doors, and other openings. You don’t want to accidentally spray water inside your home.
- Wear protective clothing, such as gloves and goggles, to avoid getting hurt by the high-pressure water.
- Use a pressure washer without first reading the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Point the power washer directly at someone.
- Use a power washer on a ladder.
- Stand too close to the surface you’re cleaning.
- Leave the power washer running unattended.
4544 48th Ave Ste A, Hudsonville, MI 49426